- Vietnamese don't call it the "Vietnam War," they call it the "Resistance War Against America."
- A Vietnam War Sniper crawled for 3 days across 2000m of open field, killed a general with one shot, then crawled back.
- Nguyen Ngoc Loan, the executioner from the famous Vietnam War photo, opened a pizza joint in Virginia after the war.
- During the Vietnam War, American troops would eat small amounts of C4 plastic explosive to get high.
- After the Vietnam war, farmers recycled thousands of external fuel tanks from U.S. aircraft to create river boats and canoes
- President Richard Nixon pardoned a lieutenant, who gathered 70-80 Vietnamese civilians into a ditch and murdered them during the My Lai massacre, from his sentence of house arrest.
- In 1973, Le Duc Tho became the first and only person ever to voluntarily refuse a Nobel Peace Prize. He negotiated a ceasefire in the Vietnam War but peace was not yet established.
- The Gulf War cost each American US$306 while Vietnam was US$2,204 per person. The Korean War cost US$2,266 and WW2, US$20,388 per person.
- The founder of FedEx served two tours of duty in the Vietnam War and was awarded a Bronze Star, Silver Star and two Purple Hearts.