- China is the world's most populous country, with over 1.38 billion people, and the second-largest country by land area.
- China has the world's largest standing army and second-largest defense budget.
- million people in China live on less than US$1 per day.
- China executes the death penalty more than 4 times as the rest of the world combined.
- China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year.
- China is the world's largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods.
- In China, over
35 million people
still live in caves.
- Nearly 700 million Chinese people
- drink contaminated water.
- The Sunrise in parts of China can
be as late as 10 AM because
- the country joined its five
time zones into a single one.
- Almost a third of San Francisco's air pollution comes from China.
- 78% of software installed in China in 2010 was pirated.
- There's a bridge between mainland China and Macau, where cars switch from left to right-hand drive and vice versa.
- Every 30 seconds, a baby is born with a birth defect in China.
- 1 in every 3 socks you have were made in the district of Datang in Zhuji, China, now known as "Sock City".
- Every year, about a million girl fetuses are aborted and tens of thousands of girl babies are abandoned in China because of the country's one-child policy.
- Table tennis is China's national sport.
- The PlayStation is illegal in China.
- If Walmart were a country, it would be China's sixth-largest export market.
- By 2020, China could have between 30 million and 40 million men who cannot find wives.
- In China, it is mandatory that cosmetic products are tested on animals while in Europe it's prohibited.
- In China, you can major in Bra Studies.
- A new skyscraper is built in China every five days.
- The word 'censorship' is censored in China.
- China has treatment camps for Internet addicts.
- More people go to church on Sunday in China than in the whole of Europe.
- Dyeing pets to look like other wild animals is a trend in China.
- of people in China measure success by the things they own, making it the world's most materialistic country.
- Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in China as a delicacy.
- In 1973, China proposed to give 10 million Chinese women to the U.S. to boost the U.S. population.
- Company executives in China can get sentenced to death for committing fraud.
- China used more cement in 3 years (2011 to 2013) than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century.
- In 2013, a Zoo in China angered visitors by trying to pass off a Tibetan mastiff dog as a lion.
- Half of all the world's pigs live in China.
- The groundwater of 90% of Chinese cities is polluted.
- Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
- When a baby Panda is born, it's shipped by FedEx to China to help expand the gene pool.
- China has 4 megacities of over 10 million people, the most of any country.
- China Overtook The U.S. As The World's Largest Economy in 2014.
- In China, it's illegal to use a wordplay or a pun in advertising or on television.
- The first recorded use of Marijuana was in China, over 4700 years ago.
- At least 20 million people died during the Taiping Rebellion in China, led by a man who claimed to be the brother of Jesus, and who attempted to impose a theocracy based on his interpretation of Christianity.
- 20 million 20-year-old trees are cut down in China every year to make chopsticks.
- In China, women who remain unmarried in their late 20s and beyond are called "Sheng nu" which means "leftover women."
- Air pollution in China increases snowfall in California.
- countries have abolished the death penalty. Notable exceptions include the U.S., Japan and China.
- Just 7% of people in China are religious, making it the least religious country in world. Thailand has the most with 94%.
- All pandas in the world are on loan from China.
- Facebook has 95 million users in China despite being blocked.
- China has mobile "execution vans" to enforce the death penalty without moving to a proper execution ground.
- If you could dig a deep enough hole in China
- you would end up in Argentina or Chile.
- The Vatican does not recognize the People's Republic of China as a legitimate state of China.
- It is estimated that about 600,000 people die in China each year from issues related to overwork.
- In China, there is an "Elderly Rights" law which makes it illegal for anyone who has parents over 60 not to visit them regularly.
- Brad Pitt was banned from China for his role in the movie "7 Years in Tibet."
- The 1556 Shaanxi earthquake in China was the deadliest earthquake on record with 830,000 deaths.
- Cockroaches are served fried in China, Thailand and other Asian countries.
- Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
- Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times have been blocked in China since 2009.
- Villagers in central China have long been using dinosaur bones as medicine, thinking they were from dragons.
- In China, human trafficking is punished with the death penalty.
- China's "SkyCity", planned in 2013 to be the tallest building in the world with a record-breaking construction time of just 90 days, is now a massive fish pond.
- China is the country with the largest population of Buddhists, approximately 244 million or 18.2% of its total population.
- The world's largest producer of cigarettes is a company owned by the Chinese government.
is forbidden in China
The World's First
was created in China
1,400 years ago.
was created in China
1,400 years ago.
The World's Biggest Mall,
located in China,
is 99% empty.