- China has the world's largest standing army and second-largest defense budget.
- China is the world's largest exporter and second-largest importer of goods.
- the country joined its five
time zones into a single one.
- 78% of software installed in China in 2010 was pirated.
- 1 in every 3 socks you have were made in the district of Datang in Zhuji, China, now known as "Sock City".
- Table tennis is China's national sport.
- The PlayStation is illegal in China.
- If Walmart were a country, it would be China's sixth-largest export market.
- In China, it is mandatory that cosmetic products are tested on animals while in Europe it's prohibited.
- In China, you can major in Bra Studies.
- A new skyscraper is built in China every five days.
- The word 'censorship' is censored in China.
- of people in China measure success by the things they own, making it the world's most materialistic country.
- Half of all the world's pigs live in China.
- Rich people in China hire body doubles to serve their prison sentence.
- China Overtook The U.S. As The World's Largest Economy in 2014.
- In China, it's illegal to use a wordplay or a pun in advertising or on television.
- Just 7% of people in China are religious, making it the least religious country in world. Thailand has the most with 94%.
- If you could dig a deep enough hole in China
- The Vatican does not recognize the People's Republic of China as a legitimate state of China.
- It is estimated that about 600,000 people die in China each year from issues related to overwork.
- In China, there is an "Elderly Rights" law which makes it illegal for anyone who has parents over 60 not to visit them regularly.
- Brad Pitt was banned from China for his role in the movie "7 Years in Tibet."
- Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
- Villagers in central China have long been using dinosaur bones as medicine, thinking they were from dragons.
- Legends say China began in a great flood, some 4,000 years ago. Scientists found geological evidence that the flood was real.
- Currency shaped like knives was in circulation in China from 770 to 220 BC.
- In 2013, female stockings covered in fake male hair became a fashion hit in China as a way to deter unwanted male attention.
- China is the world's largest consumer of red wine.
- Most of the tallest buildings in the world are in China.
- Chinese students can get 7 years in jail for cheating on exams.
- In 2015 a Chinese woman who was missing for a decade and presumed dead was found living in an internet cafe after playing games for 10 years.
- The most comprehensive pure linguistic Chinese-language dictionary, records more than 23,000 head Chinese characters and gives over 370,000 definitions.