- Every 40 seconds, someone commits suicide.
- It is estimated that 25–30% of suicides are accompanied by a note.
- 1 in every 5 people in Greenland attempt suicide at some point in their lives.
- More U.S. soldiers committed suicide than died in combat in 2012.
- 1 in 25 U.S. teenagers has attempted suicide.
- Most people who commit suicide, do it on a Wednesday.
- Established writers and artists are 18 times more likely to commit suicide than the general population.
- Suicide attempts were punished as crimes in England and Wales until 1961.
- In the U.S., you are twice as likely to commit suicide than be murdered by someone else.
- If you commit suicide in Japan by jumping in front of a train, the family of the deceased will be charged a disruption fee.
- Ernest Hemingway, his father, his brother, his sister and his granddaughter all committed suicide.
- There are twice as many suicides as there are homicides in the U.S.
- Rudolf Diesel, who invented the Diesel engine, committed suicide in 1913 because he didn't think his invention would be successful.
- When Ashton Kutcher was 13 years old, he contemplated committing suicide in order to give his heart to his dying brother.
- There's an episode of "Tom and Jerry" that ends with the both of them committing suicide.
- Winston Churchill's daughter, Diana, committed suicide. She worked at a suicide prevention center.
- In 2015, San Jose police stopped a man from committing suicide by sending him pizza and a phone using a bomb disposal robot.
- The world suicide rate has risen by 60% in the last 45 years.
- A man took five years to write a 1,905 page suicide note before killing himself in 2010.