- Christianity was the main religion in Egypt between the Fourth and Sixth Centuries.
- Ancient Egyptians
- worshiped over
- 1,400 different
- gods and goddesses.
- Toilets were found in many ancient Egyptian tombs.
- The World's Oldest Dress was found in Egypt and it is 5,000 years old.
- In the border between Egypt and Sudan, there are
- 795 sq miles (2,060 km2) of land unclaimed by neither.
- Written language was invented independently by the Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, and Mayans.
- Sudan has
- The Statue of Liberty was intended for Egypt.
- Cleopatra, the last Pharaoh of Egypt, was actually Greek, not Egyptian.
- The pyramids were built by paid laborers. Not slaves. That's a myth by Herodotus, the Greek historian.
- The lost Egyptian city of Heracleion was found after 1200 years under the sea.
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stones.
- The world's largest pyramid is not in Egypt but in Mexico.
- The first sailing boats were invented in Egypt.
- The tradition of exchanging wedding rings goes back to ancient Egyptian times.
- Ancient Egyptians shaved off their eyebrows to mourn the death of their cats.
- There are still unexplored passageways in the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
- is short for "Egyptian."
- Egypt is the most populated country in Middle East and has the world's largest Arab population.
- Ancient Egypt King Tutankhamun died at the age of 18.
- In the Land of the Pharaohs of Egypt, beer was the national currency.
- No Egyptian president has left office without being arrested or dying, so far until 2015.
- In Ancient Egypt, killing a cat, even accidentally, incurred the death penalty.
- A woman in Egypt disguised herself as a man for 43 years in order to make a living for her daughter.
- of people surveyed in Egypt are in favor of the death penalty as a punishment for abandoning Islam.
- In Ancient Egypt, men could take time off of work to care for menstruating wives and daughters.
- Cleopatra was the first, in the dynasty of Greek rulers of Egypt, who could speak Egyptian.
- During a visit to Egypt in 2012, Hillary Clinton was pelted with tomatoes and shoes, while the protesters chanted "Monica, Monica".
- Anwar Sadat made Egypt the first arab nation to achieve peace with Israel in 1979. For this, Sadat won the Nobel Peace prize, Egypt was suspended from the Arab League and Sadat was assassinated.
- 2200 years ago, Eratosthenes estimated the Earth's circumference using math, without ever leaving Egypt. He was remarkably accurate. Christopher Columbus later studied him.
- The Egyptian Kahun Papyrus (1850 B.C.) suggests crocodile feces either for preventing conception or as an abortifacient.
- The current library at Alexandria has a copy of all the web pages on every website on the Internet since it started in 1996.
- Inscribed pottery from the Middle Kingdom of Ancient Egypt list 3 human genders. The reason is uncertain.
- The ancient pyramids of Giza are located right up against the modern city of Cairo.
- Many ancient Egyptian Pharaohs were overweight and unhealthy, in contrast to their typical depiction, due to a sugary diet of alcohol, bread and honey.
Egyptian Pyramid workers
were paid with beer:
1 gallon (4L) per day.