- Ancient Egyptians
- worshiped over
- 1,400 different
- gods and goddesses.
- The World's Oldest Dress was found in Egypt and it is 5,000 years old.
- In the border between Egypt and Sudan, there are
- 795 sq miles (2,060 km2) of land unclaimed by neither.
- Written language was invented independently by the Egyptians, Sumerians, Chinese, and Mayans.
- Sudan has
- The Steppe eagle is the national animal of Egypt.
- The pyramids were built by paid laborers. Not slaves. That's a myth by Herodotus, the Greek historian.
- The lost Egyptian city of Heracleion was found after 1200 years under the sea.
- Ancient Egyptians slept on pillows made of stones.
- The first sailing boats were invented in Egypt.
- The tradition of exchanging wedding rings goes back to ancient Egyptian times.
- There are still unexplored passageways in the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt.
- is short for "Egyptian."
- Egypt is the most populated country in Middle East and has the world's largest Arab population.
- Ancient Egypt King Tutankhamun died at the age of 18.
- No Egyptian president has left office without being arrested or dying, so far until 2015.
- A woman in Egypt disguised herself as a man for 43 years in order to make a living for her daughter.
- Cleopatra was the first, in the dynasty of Greek rulers of Egypt, who could speak Egyptian.
- During a visit to Egypt in 2012, Hillary Clinton was pelted with tomatoes and shoes, while the protesters chanted "Monica, Monica".
- The Egyptian Kahun Papyrus (1850 B.C.) suggests crocodile feces either for preventing conception or as an abortifacient.
- Inscribed pottery from the Middle Kingdom of Ancient Egypt list 3 human genders. The reason is uncertain.
- The ancient pyramids of Giza are located right up against the modern city of Cairo.
- Cleopatra, the last Pharaoh of Egypt, was actually Greek, not Egyptian.
- Scatomancy is the act of telling the future through someone's poop. It was popular in ancient Egypt.
- The Great Pyramid of Giza has 8 sides, not 4.
- The ancient Egyptians respected dwarfs, and did not see them as having a physical handicap.
- An Ancient Egyptian cure for blindness was to pour mashed-up pig's eye into the patient's ear.
- Immediately opposite the main ticket gates to Giza's Great Pyramid enclosure, you can find both Pizza Hut and KFC.
- The world's oldest prosthetic limb belongs to an Egyptian woman, that was outfitted with a wooden toe prosthesis in approximately 1000 B.C.
- Granite blocks used for the King's chamber of the Great Pyramid, weighing as much as 60 to 80 tons each, were quarried nearly 500 miles away.
- Many of the rulers of Ancient Egypt were overweight and suffered from diabetes.
- Wealthy ancient Egyptians slept with neck supports rather than pillows to preserve their hairstyles.
- Ancient Egyptians used 12 months of exactly 30 days, with 5 days of festivities at the end to add up to 365.
- Ancient Egyptians used to wear hair extensions.
- Tutankhamun was the only ancient Egyptian who was mummified with an erect penis.