- Qatar's 2022 World Cup will take more lives than 9/11 due to horrible working conditions for migrant workers building stadiums and infrastructure.
- In 2013, soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo opened a museum dedicated to himself.
- The first soccer game televised was a friendly match between Arsenal's first and second team in 1937.
- More than 1 in 20 soccer injuries are caused by celebrating goals on the pitch.
- On average, soccer players run as far as 9.5 miles in a single match.
- The word "soccer" originated as a
- slang abbreviation of the word "association"
- The Vatican has its own soccer team.
- Ronaldinho's deal with Coca-Cola ended after he was caught sipping a Pepsi in a news conference.
- FIFA has more member countries than the U.N.
- The original 2014 World Cup's ball was produced in Pakistan.
- The most goals scored in a World Cup's match was 10 by Hungary against El Salvador in 1982.
- Famous soccer player Mario Balotelli is an Italian, born to immigrants from Ghana, raised by a Jewish mother.
- In 1969, El Salvador waged war on Honduras
- after it lost against it in a soccer match.
- The British coined the term "Soccer" in the late 1800s, not America.
- Soccer fans in Italy are called "tifosi", meaning "carriers of typhus", because their fanatism is like a fever.
- A Liverpool fan killed himself when his team was 3-0 down in the 2005 Champions League final's first half. They came back to win the game in the second half.
- Soccer player Ronaldinho came to media attention at 13 years old when his team won 23-0. He'd scored all 23 goals.