- 350,000 Tweets are sent every minute.
- "Friendstalker" was one of the early names considered for Twitter.
- The FBI has a Twitter slang dictionary.
- A day's worth
- of Twitter posts
- would fill a
- Every tweet Americans send is being archived by the Library of Congress.
- The CIA
- reads up to
- tweets a day.
- of registered Twitter users have never tweeted.
- Twitter's bird is called Larry.
- In 2011, Twitter users tweeted the equivalent of 8,163 copies of "War and Peace" every day.
- According to the Vatican, you can reduce the time you spend in purgatory by following the pope on Twitter.
- Around 50% of Justin Bieber's followers on Twitter are fake, a report found.
- There's a Twitter account that narrates WW2 in "real-time."
- In April, 2013, someone hacked Associated Press' Twitter account and tweeted that 2 bombs had exploded at the White House. The stock market crashed within seconds.
- of the world's
- Don't Use Twitter.
- Barack Obama had the most followers on Twitter of any world leader in his last year in power, 2016.
- In 2016, a court in Saudi Arabia sentenced a man to 10 years in prison and 2,000 lashes for asserting his atheism through Twitter posts.
- is more addictive than
- according to a study.
- A 2016 Twitter hack found that 123456 was the site's most common password, more than 120,000 people were using it.
- During his first month in office, Donald Trump spent an estimated 18 hours on tweets.