- Venezuela's name comes from the Italian word "Veneziola" (little Venice). Explorer Amerigo Vespucci saw native stilt houses built in Lake Maracaibo, reminding him of Venice.
- Angel Falls in Venezuela is 17 times higher than Niagara.
- Venezuela had the world's highest inflation rate in 2015 with over 141%.
- Since 2007, an unfinished skyscraper in Caracas, Venezuela, has been re-appropriated by squatters into a vast 'vertical slum' which now includes grocery stores, hairdressers, and an unlicensed dentist.
- There's a nightclub inside a prison in Venezuela.
- Venezuela ranks 7th
in the world's list
- of nations with
the most number of species.
- of the population of Venezuela lost at least 19 pounds in 2016 due to a lack of proper nutrition amid an economic crisis.