- The earliest evidence of human presence in Ireland is dated at 12,800 BC.
- In 1801, the Kingdom of Ireland and the Kingdom of Great Britain merged to create a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- "Happy hours" are banned in Ireland.
- There's a bar in Ireland that opened in the year 900 A.D. and is still operational. It's called "Sean's Bar".
- Sucking a king's nipples was a gesture of submission in ancient Ireland.
- was built
- in Belfast,
- Northern Ireland.
- The Irish surname prefix "Mac" means "son of," while "O" means "descendant of."
- Less than 10% of the population of the Republic of Ireland today speak Irish regularly outside of the education system.
- The world's oldest yacht club is the Royal Cork Yacht Club which opened in Ireland in 1720.
- Martin Luther King Jr. had Irish ancestry through his paternal great-grandfather.
- If one of your grandparents are Irish, you could claim Irish citizenship no matter where you live or born without knowing anything about Ireland.
- From 12 March 1944, Britain barred all travel to Ireland in order to prevent the leaking of the date of the D-Day landings.
- Dublin is home to Ireland's National Leprechaun Museum.
- The real St. Patrick wasn't even Irish. He was born in Britain around A.D. 390 to an aristocratic Christian family with a townhouse, a country villa, and plenty of slaves.