- Placebos are 31% to 38% effective in treating depression, compared to 46% to 54% for antidepressants.
- Depression can cause you to dream up to 3 to 4 times more than you normally would.
- Severe Depression can cause us to biologically age more by increasing the aging process in cells.
- 1 in 8 adolescents in the U.S. have clinical depression.
- Research conducted on comedians and funny people have shown they are usually more depressed than average.
- 10 times more people
- suffer from
- major depression
- now than in 1945.
- Iceland is very depressed: it has the world's highest rate of antidepressant use.
- making it the most depressed
country in the world.
- Gratitude can boost dopamine and serotonin, just like antidepressants.
- Moderate exercise can not only treat but actually prevent episodes of depression in the long term.
- The median age for depression in the U.S. is 32.