- Spiders eat their own webs to recycle them.
- In western Iran, there's a viper with a fake spider for a tail.
- 95% of the spiders in your house have never been outside.
- Spider silk is about 5 times stronger than steel of the same weight.
- Research shows that if you're afraid of spiders, you're more likely to find one in your bedroom.
- Spiders are scared of ants due to the formic acid they contain.
- Spiders don't have penises. They mate with the appendages on their face.
- Many female black widow spiders eat their males after mating.
- Orb spiders mummify their prey before they kill it.
- Each species of peacock spider has its own courtship dance.
- Out of 46,000 discovered species of spider, only a single one has been found to be a herbivore.
- A male Black widow spider avoids being eaten by a female by smelling how ravenous she is.
- Spiders can get high and build different kinds of webs while on weed, caffeine, mescaline and LSD.
- Tarantulas have evolved almost exactly the same shade of vibrant blue at least 8 separate times.
- Spiders can tune the strings in their webs to transmit specific messages.
- Some spiders disguise themselves as ants by pretending their two front legs are antennae.
- Male wolf spiders will engage in threesomes during mating season to increase their chances of escaping cannibalism.