- Over 100,000 people have applied for a one-way trip to colonize Mars in 2022.
- A year
- on Mars
- Mars is populated entirely by robots. Seven to be precise.
- Mars is red because it is covered in rust (iron oxide).
- On its one-year anniversary, the NASA's Curiosity Rover sang the “Happy Birthday” tune to itself on Mars.
- The average temperature in Mars is -81°F (-63°C).
- The soil on Mars is particularly good for growing asparagus.
- had an oxygen-rich
- atmosphere around
- Mars has a flag. It was designed by a NASA engineer.
- According to NASA, it would cost about US$18,000 to send a letter to Mars.
- Mars' craters larger than 60 km are named for deceased scientists, writers and others who have contributed to the study of Mars.
- The first successful Mars flyby was in 1965 by the Mariner 4.
- In 1840, areographer Johann Heinrich Madler combined ten years of observations and drew the first map of Mars.
- Mars is located closer to the asteroid belt, so it has an increased chance of being struck by materials from that source.
- In 1610, Mars was viewed by Galileo Galilei, the first one to see it via telescope.