- More people in the world are suffering from obesity than from hunger.
- 1 in 3 Americans is obese.
- People who regularly eat dinner or breakfast in restaurants double their risk of becoming obese.
- is the
- fattest country.
- "Good cholesterol" (HDL) can "turn bad" and solidify into fat-clogs.
- Chicken contains 266% more fat than it did 40 years ago.
- can cause weight gain
- of 2 pounds (0.9 kg)
- in under a week.
- The average American eats 25 pounds (11.3 KG) of candy each year.
- You would have to walk for seven hours straight to burn off a Big Mac with a Super Sized Coke and French Fries.
- Obese drivers are 78% more likely to die in a car crash.
- In rich countries, obesity is more common among the less educated, but in poor countries, obesity is more common among the highly educated.
- Many non-Western cultures view female obesity as a sign of health and vitality, and, before the 1800s, so did Americans.
- Today's average American woman weighs as much as the average 1960s man.