- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
- The world's longest hangover lasted 4 weeks after a Scotsman consumed 60 pints of beer.
- The strongest beer in the world has a 67.5% alcohol content.
- Amsterdam pays alcoholics in beer to clean streets: 5 cans of beer for a day's work, plus €10 and tobacco.
- Beer was not considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2013.
- Until the 1970s in Belgium, table beer was served in schools refectories.
- At the Wife Carrying World Championships in Finland, first prize is the wife's weight in beer.
- There's a beer brewed from bananas in Africa.
- The Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew temple in Thailand was constructed with 1 million bottles of Heineken and a local beer.
- More Guinness beer is drunk in Nigeria than Ireland.
- In the Land of the Pharaohs of Egypt, beer was the national currency.
- In Argentina, political parties have their own brands of beer.
- Norway's first aircraft hijacking was resolved after the hijacker surrendered his weapon in exchange for more beer.
- When scientist Niels Bohr won the Nobel Prize in 1922, the Carlsberg brewery gave him a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
- In 1963, Albert Heineken created a beer bottle that could also be used as a brick to build sustainable housing in impoverished countries.
- As a rule of thumb, darker and bitter beers have higher alcohol content.
- In the 13th century, some people in Norway would baptize their children with beer.
- You can swim in pools of beer in Austria.
- 162,719 pints of Guinness beer are wasted each year due to mustaches.
is what makes
Beer go bad.
A Beer Wave
of 388,000 Gallons
(or 1.4m L) flooded
London in 1814 after
a huge vat ruptured.
had his own brewhouse
on the grounds of
Egyptian Pyramid workers
were paid with beer:
1 gallon (4L) per day.
The oldest known
recipe for BEER is
over 4,000 years old,
made by Sumerians.
BEER & MARIJUANA
beer's hops are in the
same family of flowering
plants as marijuana.
In the Middle Ages
BEER was consumed
more than water
as the alcohol
made it safer.
Beer is claimed to
and cognitive decline.
at any given time, 0.7%
of the world is drunk.
so 50 million people
are drunk right now.