- Cenosillicaphobia is the fear of an empty beer glass.
- The world's longest hangover lasted 4 weeks after a Scotsman consumed 60 pints of beer.
- Until the 1970s in Belgium, table beer was served in schools refectories.
- The Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew temple in Thailand was constructed with 1 million bottles of Heineken and a local beer.
- When scientist Niels Bohr won the Nobel Prize in 1922, the Carlsberg brewery gave him a perpetual supply of beer piped into his house.
- In 1963, Albert Heineken created a beer bottle that could also be used as a brick to build sustainable housing in impoverished countries.
- You can swim in pools of beer in Austria.
- 162,719 pints of Guinness beer are wasted each year due to mustaches.
- President Jimmy Carter signed a bill that created an exemption from taxation of beer brewed at home for personal or family use, opening the door for today's craft beer brewers.