- each year from
- water-related causes.
- The average toilet uses 6 litres (1.6 gal) of clean water in a single flush.
- drink contaminated water.
- About 1 in 9 people lack access to an improved water source.
- of the World's Water Is Drinkable.
- An average swimming pool loses 1,000 gallons (3,785 L) a month to evaporation and other causes.
- In Peru, there's a billboard that creates drinkable water out of thin air.
- Your bones are composed of 31% water.
- Water itself does not conduct electricity well, but the impurities found in water do.
- Cold water is heavier
- than hot water.
- Two-thirds of the water used in the average home is used in the bathroom.
- Approximately 75% of human feces is made of water.
- Each foot contains about 250,000 sweat glands.
- The probability that you in any glass of water will find at least 1 molecule of water once drunk by Cleopatra is practically 100%.
- Drinking too much water can cause a
- water intoxication.
- Water is light turquoise blue
- due to the weak absorption in the red part of the visible spectrum.
- Hot water can freeze faster than
- cold water, in some circumstances.
- The first known vending machine dates back to the 1st Century AD. It accepted a coin, then dispensed holy water.
- It takes up to 2,900 gallons of water to make a single pair of jeans.
- 86% of holy water tested in Austria contained fecal matter, mostly from people's hands.
- The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.
- The world record for holding one's breath underwater is 22 minutes.
- The boiling point of water
- at the top of Mt. Everest is 71 °C (160 °F).
- The skin is 64% water, muscles and kidneys are 79%, and even the bones are watery: 31%.
- You can save 2,190 gallons of water per person per year by only flushing the toilet once a day.
- A man revived 5 rivers and brought water back to 1000 villages in India using native water-preservation techniques.
- Washing dishes by hand use almost 7 times the amount of water as a modern dishwasher.
- The average American golf course consumes around 312,000 gallons of water per day.
- In 2013, two physicist managed to
- "tie" water into knots.
- The number of H2O molecules
in 10 drops of water
- are equal to the number of
all the stars in the universe.
- The U.S. uses less water now
- than it did in 1970.
- It takes about 50 glasses of water to grow the oranges to make one glass of orange juice.
- Approximately 70% of the freshwater used by humans goes to agriculture and livestock.
- The average shower wastes
20 gallons (75 L) of water.
- It can take 2,700 liters of water to produce the cotton needed to make a single T-shirt.
- Living in sight of water can make you calmer, happier and more creative, a study found.
- In 2013, after more than 20 years of soda being America's number one beverage, water has taken over as Americans' favorite drink.
- Polluted water kills children at a rate equivalent to a fully laden jumbo jet crashing every four hours.
- There is a reservoir of water 3 times