- Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the U.S., serving from March 1861 until his assassination in April 1865.
- Abraham Lincoln was a licensed bartender.
- Lincoln's assassin was a famous actor and Lincoln himself was a fan of him.
- Abraham Lincoln's son, Robert, was saved from a train accident by Edwin Booth, brother of his father's killer, John Wilkes Booth.
- Lincoln was the first major leader in the U.S. to feel that women should be allowed to vote.
- Abe Lincoln is enshrined in the Wrestling Hall of Fame, having lost just once in 300 matches.
- Abraham Lincoln's dog,
- was also
- Abraham Lincoln, Walt Disney, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs, all of them had no college degree.
- Charles Darwin and Abraham Lincoln were born on the same day.
- Abraham Lincoln dreamt of his assassination before it happened.
- In 1876, a gang of Chicago counterfeiters attempted to steal Abraham Lincoln's body from his tomb and request a US$200,000 ransom.
- A secret message was engraved inside Abraham Lincoln's pocket watch by a jeweler, and it was not discovered until 2009.
- The U.S. Civil War had a Balloon Corps established by Abraham Lincoln.
- An 11-Year-Old Girl Convinced Abraham Lincoln to Grow His Beard.
- Abraham Lincoln has no confirmed living descendants. The last one, a great-grandson, died in 1985.
- Robert Todd Lincoln, first son of Abraham Lincoln, was present or nearby the assassinations of his father, James Garfield, and William McKinley.
- Abraham Lincoln actually hated to be called "Abe."
- Poisoned milk killed Abraham Lincoln's mother when he was 9 years old.
- Abraham Lincoln was shot on Good Friday.
- Abraham Lincoln's coffin has been moved 17 times and opened 5 times.
- Abraham Lincoln was the tallest U.S. President at 6-foot-4.
- Abraham Lincoln kept his important documents inside his hat.
- Abraham Lincoln practiced law without a degree. He had less than 12 months of formal schooling.
- Abraham Lincoln is the only U.S. president to have obtained a patent.
- Abraham Lincoln was estranged from his father and didn't attend his funeral.
- Abraham Lincoln wore size 14 shoes, the biggest in U.S. president history.
- The last words Abraham Lincoln heard were "you sockdologizing old man-trap," a punchline from the play "Our American Cousin."
- Everyone thought Abraham Lincoln was ugly, including himself. Once when he was accused of being "two-faced," he replied, "If I had two faces, would I be wearing this one?".
- Abraham Lincoln created the first federal income tax in 1861.
- Lincoln suffered depression and avoided carrying knives, fearing he would use it on himself.
- Abraham Lincoln pushed through Congress the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which permanently outlawed slavery.
- After being shot in the head, Abraham Lincoln remained in a coma for 9 hours.
The Day He Was Shot.