- George Washington is the only U.S. president to have received 100% of the electoral votes.
- George Washington never wore a wig: his hair was naturally long and lustrous, although he did use powder to make it white.
- George Washington stopped the Revolutionary War to return a lost dog to the enemy.
- When George Washington
passed away in 1799,
- Britain's entire Royal Navy
lowered its flags at half mast.
- George Washington
- When George Washington was elected president, no one knew what to call him. No other nation had ever elected a president.
- George Washington suffered from diphtheria, tuberculosis, smallpox, dysentery, malaria, tonsillitis, carbuncle, pneumonia, and epiglottitis.
- George Washington had no formal education.
- At 135 words, George Washington's second inaugural address was the shortest ever given by an incoming president.
- Before he fought the British, George Washington fought for the British. At 21 years old, he was sent to lead a British colonial force against the French in Ohio.
- George Washington did not have wooden teeth. They were made of gold, ivory, lead, human and animal teeth.
- Although George Washington selected the site of the White House in 1791, he never lived there.
- There is a city in the United States called George, Washington.
- George Washington was the only president who didn't represent a political party.
- There are 189 things named after George Washington: 1 state, 7 mountains, 8 streams, 10 lakes, 33 counties, 9 colleges, and 121 towns and villages.
- After his presidency, George Washington became a whiskey tycoon and owned the largest distillery in the U.S.