- Every day, 16% of the searches that occur
- are ones that Google has never seen before.
- Google was originally called "Backrub".
- Google has found GPA's and test scores to be "worthless as criteria for hiring"; they have teams where 14% of their employees haven't gone to college.
- If you search for "askew" in Google, the content will tilt slightly to the right.
- The first Google Doodle was dedicated to the Burning Man festival attended by Google founders in 1998.
- When a Google employee dies, their spouses receive half pay from the company for 10 years and their children US$1,000 per month until they turn 19.
- Microsoft pays you to use Bing instead of Google.
- Because Gmail first launched on April 1st of 2004, many people thought it was an April Fools' Day prank.
- Firefox web browser's lead developer is now working for Google Chrome.
- On April Fool's day of 2007, Google sent an e-mail out to its employees warning that a python was loose in the facilities. It wasn't a joke.
- Google's first tweet ever was "I'm feeling lucky" written in binary code.
- Google's First Computer Storage Was Made From LEGO.
- Google is developing a computer so smart it can program itself.
- For the 4th consecutive year, Google was named the best company to work for in the U.S. by Fortune Mag in 2014.
- Google got its name by accident. The founders misspelled "googol", which refers to the number 1 followed by 100 zeroes.
- Google has a version of their site translated into the language of the Klingons, from Star Trek.
- has been acquiring
- 2 companies per month
- since 2010.
- The domain GoogleSucks.com is owned by Google.
- Google Maps calculates traffic by tracking how fast Android devices are moving on the road.
- If you search for "atari breakout" in Google Images, you can play the game.
- Google.com/Weddings is a little known free service to plan your wedding.
- Google takes over 200 factors into account to deliver the best results for any query in a fraction of a second.
- The Versace dress Jennifer Lopez wore to the 2000 Grammy Awards sparked the creation of Google Images.
- Iran's largest airport had a Star of David embedded into its roof for 30 years until it was discovered through Google Earth.
- In 2010, Nicaragua accidentally invaded Costa Rica because of a mistake in Google Maps.
- In the U.S., Google searches for "why is my poop green" peak between 5 and 6 AM , while "how to roll a joint" peaks between 1 and 2 AM.
- Google owns many domains
to cover mistypes
- such as: Gooogle, Gogle,
Googel, and even 466453.
- Google offers employees free condoms that come in blue, red, green, and yellow and have the phrase "I'm Feeling Lucky!" printed on them.
- In 2015, Google dropped their old motto "Don't Be Evil."
- Some interns at Google earn up to US$90,000.
- You can visit the Grand Canyon using Google Street View.
- Google's Artificial-Intelligence Bot says the purpose of living is 'to live forever'
- The CEO of Yahoo, Marissa Mayer, was the first female employee at Google, in 1999.
- An artificial intelligence system developed by Google and the University of Oxford can lip read better than humans.
- Netflix has been around longer than Google.