- The Bible is available in 2,454 languages.
- The King James Bible has inspired the lyrics of more pop songs than any other book.
- is the world's
- largest supplier of
- Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays because the only two accounts of birthday parties in the Bible ended in murder.
- The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world.
- Leo Da Vinci's studies of river erosion convinced him
- Judas sold Jesus for the equivalent of 4 months' pay of a working man.
- Bibliomancy is the practice by some people of opening the Bible at random to be guided by whatever verse they see first.
- Swearing on the Bible is forbidden by the Bible.
- There's no physical description of Jesus in the Bible.
- 12% of Americans think Joan of Arc was Noah's wife, from the Bible.
- According to the Bible, David was offered the King's daughter if he came back with 100 foreskins of slain enemies. He came back with 200.
- Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Mary Magdalene was a prostitute or even overtly sexual.
- The phrase "God never gives you more than you can handle" never appears in the Bible and actually the opposite is said many times.
- There is a "Gospel of Judas" not found in the Bible that speaks of Judas as the only one of Jesus' disciples who fully understood his teachings. He turned Jesus over to the Romans because Jesus asked him to.
- The Gutenberg Bible was the first major book printed using mass-produced movable type.
- Christopher Columbus showed a keen interest in the Bible and in Biblical prophecies, and would often quote biblical texts in his letters and logs.
- The Dead Sea Scrolls were sold by the discoverer for a sum that, adjusted for inflation, is about US$37.
- The only country to have a Bible on its national flag is the Dominican Republic.