- White Chocolate isn't technically Chocolate, as it contains no cocoa solids or cocoa liquor.
- It takes approximately 400 cacao beans to make one pound (450 gr.) of chocolate.
- M&Ms were created in 1941 as a means for soldiers to enjoy chocolate without it melting.
- Every second, Americans collectively
- eat 100 pounds of chocolate.
- The World's Largest Chocolate Bar Weighed 5,792 kg (12,770 lb).
- There are Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate.
- Eating dark chocolate every day reduces the risk of heart disease by one-third.
- In 2013, Belgium issued a limited edition of
- chocolate flavored stamps.
- A lethal dose of chocolate for a human being is about 22 lbs., or 40 Hershey bars.
- The average chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts.
- There's a pill that makes farts smell like chocolate.
- German chocolate cake isn't German. It's named for Sam German, an American baker.
- Nutella was invented during WW2, when an Italian pastry maker mixed hazelnuts into chocolate to extend his cocoa supply.
- 100 pounds of chocolate are eaten in the U.S. every second.
- Chocolate is the only edible substance to melt around 93° F, just below human body temperature. That's why chocolate melts in your mouth.
- 75% of the artificial vanilla produced in the world is used for ice cream and as a flavoring for chocolate.
- When it Comes to Coughs, Chocolate Is More Effective than Codeine.
- Scientists can reduce the fat in chocolate by 20% by passing it through an electric field.
- Belgium produces an amazing 220,000 tons of chocolate per year. Brussels International Airport is one of the world's largest selling points of chocolate.