- The world's largest gold bar weighs 250 kg (551 lb).
- Gold is edible.
- Small traces of gold have been found in the leaves of Eucalyptus trees.
- More gold is recoverable from a ton of personal computers than from 17 tons of gold ore.
- Olympic Gold Medals only contain 1.34% of gold.
- 3 Olympic swimming pools can hold all the gold ever mined in the world.
- Over 6 milligrams of gold are lost every year from a Wedding Ring just by wearing it.
- The world pours more steel in an hour than
- Carat weight can be 10, 12, 14, 18, 22, or 24. The higher the number, the greater the purity.
- 24k Gold melts at 1063°C or 1945°F.
- In 2014, Dubai launched a program that pays children 2 grams of gold for every kilogram (2.2 pounds) of weight they lose.
- Aurophobia is the fear of gold.
- Mr. T's gold collection is worth over US$120,000.
- McLaren F1's engines are built with gold.
- All the gold ever mined in the world could fit into a cube with sides of 20.7m (68ft).
- Alchemist Hennig Brand believed that he could distill gold from human urine. After stockpiling 1,500 gallons of urine and boiling it, he discovered phosphorus.
- A ton of iPhones yield 300 times more gold than a ton of gold ore.
- A single ounce of gold can be beaten into a sheet covering nearly 100 square feet, or drawn out into 50 miles of gold wire.
- The famous barbarian leader Attila accepted hefty subsidies in gold in exchange for not attacking Roman territory — then did it anyway.
- Your hair contains traces of gold.