- There's a species of fish called "Slippery Dick".
- Some Fish, like the Triggerfish, can swim backward.
- Most brands of lipstick contain fish scales.
- Many Fish can taste without even opening their mouths.
- Herrings communicate
- Many fish species are known to change sex during the course of their lives.
- One Puffer Fish contains enough poison to kill 30 people.
- There is a starfish with 40 arms.
- The Sea Anemone looks like a flower, but it's actually a carnivorous animal that eats small fish and shrimp.
- There is a Jellyfish that could be immortal.
- Fish cough.
- "Rain of fish" is an annual weather event in which hundreds of fish rain from the sky onto the city Yoro in Honduras.
- Starfish can re-grow their arms. In fact, a single arm can regenerate a whole body.
- Fish in polluted lakes lose their sense of smell.
- When Anglerfish mate, they melt into each other and share their bodies forever.
- A sardine is not a species of fish, but a name that can apply to many small varieties of pickled fish, including herring and pilchard.
- A koi fish named "Hanako" lived for 225 years.
- The toxin in puffer fish is 1200 times deadlier than cyanide.
- Around 10% of the world's total fish species can be found just within the Great Barrier Reef.
- Over 40,000 plant species, 2,200 fishes, 1,200 birds, 420 mammals, 420 amphibians, and 370 reptiles have been scientifically classified in the Amazon region.
- In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.