- Europe and Africa are only separated by 14.3 km (8.9 mi) of ocean and there are talks of creating the longest bridge ever.
- The San people of Southern Africa today use the same set of tools that were found in a Cave, dating to 44,000 years ago.
- 41% of children in Africa aged 5 to 14 are involved in child labour.
- The deadliest animal in Africa is the hippopotamus.
- Most of the world's fastest runners come from a single tribe in Kenya, Africa, called the "Kalenjins."
- Tanzania, Africa, has one of the world's highest rates of Albinism. Albinos are often hunted by witch doctors to make potions.
- The country of Liberia, in Africa, was established by U.S. citizens as a colony for former African-American slaves and their free black descendants.
- In 2010, the country of Ghana, in Africa, banned the sale of secondhand underwear.
- 1 in 4 adults in Swaziland, Africa, are infected with HIV.
- The first president of Zimbabwe, Africa, was President Banana.
- There are 16 countries in Africa with higher vaccination rates than the U.S.
- The hand print of Nelson Mandela resembles the African continent.
- Hallucinatory 'voices' seem to be shaped by local culture. In the U.S., the voices are harsh and threatening while those heard by schizophrenics in Africa and India tend to be more benign and playful.
- The African nation of Mozambique has an AK-47 assault rifle on its flag.
- Almost a third of the world's languages are spoken only in Africa.
- In 1986, a volcanic lake in Cameroon, Africa burped a C02 gas cloud that killed 1,746 people in minutes.
- Africa is the only continent that is in all four hemispheres and the only to have land on the prime meridian and the equator.
- The world's oldest university in continuous operation is in Africa: the University of Karueein, founded in 859 AD in Morocco.
- have moved to Africa since 2001.
- of adults in Africa are illiterate.
- Africa had up to 10,000 different states and autonomous groups with distinct languages and customs before it was colonized.
- Almost all of the 30 countries with the highest birth rates are in Africa.