- It's estimated that more than half of all people claiming a new Ph.D. in the U.S. have a fake one.
- Libya's flag from 1977 to 2011 was the only national flag in the world with just one color and no design, insignia, or other details: green.
- The first "true" alphabet appeared around the 8th century BCE, when the Ancient Greeks borrowed the Phoenician alphabet and adapted it to their own language, giving equal status to vowels and consonants.
- Millennial college students are 40% less empathetic than those of the 1980s and 1990s, a University of Michigan study found in 2010.
- The measles virus erases the immune system's memory, leaving patients vulnerable to other infectious diseases for up to 3 years afterward.
- U.S. citizens can request a copy of the file the FBI have on themselves by sending a letter.