1. In 2013, people with 4-year college degrees earned 98% more per hour, on average, than people without degrees.
  2. At least half the world's 6,000 languages are not expected to survive into the next century.
  3. The U.S. has more jails than colleges.
  4. Bill Gates Sponsors a Machine That Turns Poop Into Drinking Water.
  5. In Finland, 9 out of 10 plastic bottles are returned for recycling and almost 100% of glass bottles are also recycled.
  6. Osama bin Laden's father married 22 times, fathering at least 54 children. Osama was his 17th son.
  7. Nigeria was the 33rd richest country in the world in the 1970s, then dropped to 13th poorest country by 1997.
  8. The expiration date on water bottles is for the bottle, not the water.
  9. China used more cement in 3 years (2011 to 2013) than the U.S. used in the entire 20th century.
  10. Only 1% of people infected with Polio show symptoms. The other 99% are contagious and don't know it.
  11. In 2008, a Catholic Bishop resigned to become Paraguay's President. He was later found to be the father of at least two children.
  12. "1989" was the U.S. best-selling album of 2014.
  13. Elizabeth, Vanessa, Maxine, Nicola, and Winston are all varieties of potato.
  14. Samsung means "three stars" in Korean.
  15. 10% of Britons think Australia is further away than the Moon, a survey found in 2013.
  16. Rudolf Diesel, who invented the Diesel engine, committed suicide in 1913 because he didn't think his invention would be successful.
  17. At its peak, the Roman Empire comprised only 12% of the world's population.
  18. James Bond was originally going to be called James Secretan.
  19. 88%
    of New Year's resolutions fail.
  20. Eminem was so severely bullied in public school that his mother sued the local school board.
  21. Since 2015, throwing away food is illegal in Seattle.
  22. Starting 2015, all New York residents must recycle their old electronics like PCs and TVs, or face a US$100 fine.
  23. Locust is the only insect considered kosher in Judaism.
  24. Passports issued by the UK, Sweden and Finland offer visa-free travel to more countries than any other passports.
  25. The Ampersand was once a letter which followed "Z" in the Latin alphabet.
  26. The world's oldest known "toilet" was used by dinosaurs 240 million years ago.
  27. 52% of Americans can't afford the house that they are currently living in right now.
  28. Chickens outnumber humans 3:1.
  29. The probability of living 110 years or more is about 1 in 7 million.
  30. Antarctica was once as warm as modern-day California.
Jesus Facts
South Korea Facts
Banana Facts
United Nations
Historic Events
People & Civilizations
Social Issues
Life & Love
Tech & Invention
Humor & Offbeat
Books & Language
Movies & TV
Art & Music
Food & Drink
Business & Economy
Sports & Games
Animals & other lifeforms
Body & Health
Global Issues
Plants & Minerals
welcome back
Log In With Facebook
- or -
sign up
Step 1
Sign Up With Facebook
- or -
I'm a
you're registered, but please specify...
change password
Step 2
my interests
Step 3
slide settings
Like Factslides? Register!
✔ See only NEW facts you haven't seen before.
Filter Random Facts by Interest (Humor, History, ...)
Save Favorites
and more!

Factslides a high traffic content website (over 1 million visits / month) that takes relevant and complex information from NGOs, think tanks, journals, specialized magazines and media and converts it into colorful and animated slideshows that are easy and fun to read, making the information accessible to students, teachers and curious minds for fun, research, lesson planning, and homework.

Factslides is dedicated to provide well-sourced and verified information that will help young people access the information and critical thinking skills they need to make our world a better place.

Launched in July, 2013, it has shown its facts over 1000 million times, and was selected among the Top 100 websites of 2013 by the prestigious PC Magazine, and as one of the 99 Sites That Every Professional Should Know About by BusinessInsider. It was also featured in sites such as The Awesomer, Design Taxi, I-Am-Bored.com, Neatorama, and DONG, a YouTube show with over a million subscribers.
How do I know your facts are credible?
All facts are verified and well sourced. The source URL is located at the bottom of each fact.

Can I use your facts on my site / video / whatever?
You sure can. Just be sure to include a link back to FACTSlides.com as your source.

I found a mistake or have a suggestion! What should I do?
Contact us!
Introducing our first book:

1001 Facts to Make your Brain Explode!

Even if you visit Factslides.com every day to get your dosis of new facts —just like over 1 million visitors do every month—, in this book you'll find facts you've never seen before!
Check it out on Amazon »